Animation Nation

After finally getting the kinks out of the boss rig I went on an animation power grind. I had to do like 15 movements with all those tentacles moving. It was nuts. But I loved it. I made a couple assets for the rest of the group and animated a walk cycle, a couple attack cycles, idle movement, falling and getting up, the whole shpeel.

Around the time my hands were starting to deteriorate we got to go on a barbecue with the germans to a nearby park. I had so much fun. I don’t know what came over me but something about the fresh air, and my feet in the grass just made me so happy. I found a sharp rock in the grass and I somehow made a hatchet. Like a working one. I’ve never been outdoorsy or crafty, but I was somehow both today. Then we got to play this fun drinking game with the Germans that involved a ball and drinking which was obviously perfect. And we got barbecue schnitzel and burgers which were soooo tasty. I knew I had a lot of work to do so I really didn’t want to go back but eventually things started powering down so I got back on the grind.

Or so I thought. As soon as I stepped into the games lab Tobias and Christina invited some of the americans to go out to this indie night club. Now I haven’t gone clubbing in a long time but I had so much fun dancing and drinking and repeating. The dance floor had a smoke machine and some ceiling lights that offered a fantastic visual effect. Plus the dancing was a great way to not feel like I had been sitting for 9 hours earlier that day. We headed home late into the night and prepared for our last jam day.