THE GRIND

Wake up, quick breakfast, unlucky bird flight patterns, and I’m back in the lab. We started to lock down an idea for the boss and its attack patterns, but I had a lot to do. 3 days to model, rig, texture, and animate 2 characters felt pretty daunting but I was really excited and determined to finish. But first I needed to learn Advanced Skeleton and try to figure out hoe to rig a tentacle (the boss had 6) This task took me most of the day and ended with a modelled 6-armed armadillo ball that was going to face plant his enemies. His rig I could only describe as a functioning car that was on fire. It worked, and it animated, and nothing was that broken but it was most certainly on fire. Unfortunately, I think my lack of rigging skills was starting to bottle neck production, so I needed to finish the boss by tomorrow morning.

I also got to bond more with my teammates, play some melee with passersby’s, got some german Burger King and just generally enjoy the work environment of the games lab. Its super constructive and a truly great learning and working environment.