Frankfurt and the Hard reset

I woke up at 5 am sneezing like a plague victim. It sucked. While I camped out in the shower I realized I had to put my foot down.

I called down and listed off all the issues and was swiftly given a new room. Everything was fixed except the AC because they literally just don’t have it. Plus I have a bathtub now.

Amanda, Mike, and I went exploring around the area. We did some laundry at a very confusing laundromat. We got some tasty Vietnamese noodles and found a comforting starbucks nearby.

Amanda and I even walked to a super mall a couple blocks away. But as we did so we got a call and had to immediately head back to the hotel because apparently, we had to go to some fancy political dinner a town over. Now I had no idea what he actual plan was but we hopped on a train an headed to a cute german town with winding alleys and a cool breeze from a nearby river. We were perusing the streets and ended up getting ice cream and sitting on some benches in front of the river and near a big castle. We were told to meet back up in 2 hours. So Amanda, Sam, and I went for a walk around the river and to some of the local shops. We took a lot of pictures of flowers and almost fought a swan. Then we met up at a wine bar with some of the other students.

Apparently the town is known for its local white wine (long wine) so I got their local wine cocktail. It was a ling wine cocktail but I’ve had longer.

Suddenly the bells in our minds started ringing and we made our way into the castle. It started as a courtyard and a flower garden but ended when the Mayor of the town appeared. It really caught me off guard because there was no event. He just walked in like “Hey guys lemme show you the castle.”

So we got a private tour of the castle, climbed the tower and got to see some ancient tome. The tour ended with champagne, and fancy pretzels in yet another flower garden. I honestly felt like royalty. A private party in a German castle drinking champagne with the mayor. Never thought I’d do that one before.