Bye, Germany

Today was our last day together in Germany. It was not as emotional as saying goodbye to my Paderborn friends since I will see most of them again on campus. I didn’t get up until noon and then I went to Starbucks as usual. Near Starbucks, there was a religious event going on and you could get a free massage at the event appeartly. Late afternoon, followed by saying goodbye to my German friends in the lobby, I went shopping. Skyline Plaza is one of the most popular malls in the city which is a 10-15 min walk from the hotel. Half of the stores were American brands interestingly, such as Lush, Hollister, abercrombie& Fitch, etc. And they had a store called American Food Club. They sell some authentic American snacks like Pringles, Sour Patches, Coke Cola(I was surprised, prob cuz the coke here is different), etc. I thought about getting my nails done in the mall but the price for acrylics is 48 euro; it’s usually 35 dollars in the US. My biggest surprise at the mall was Chipotle! It’s the only Chipotle I have found in Germany, wondering if there’s a difference tho. The mall was nice enough to walk around but didn’t have anything special enough to purchase. I might go to this shopping village tomorrow that’s 2 hours train ride away.

There are Chipotle, H&M, and Starbucks in the same picture.

Around 8pm, it got cold suddenly and started pouring. All of us headed over to an ice cream place nearby in replace of a goodbye dinner. I ordered a Banana Split that I made everyone else finish it for me. I have one more day in Frankfurt and then I’m gonna be out. Not ready to be home yet.

Professor Jacobs treated us to some nice ice cream. Thank you Stephen!!!!
Sunset

Author: Penny Wang

Hi, this is Penny Wanng, a third-year majoring in Game Design and Development at RIT.