Bielefeld

Even though we met up at a reasonable time 10:45 am, I was still tired in the morning…… (like usual) We took a train to a non-existing city Bielefeld, where Sparrenburg castle is located. On the way to the restaurant, we past two McDonalds and a carnival.

Garlic Pasta with a coffee

After lunch, we walked up a hundred hills to the castle. The weather was beautiful and so was the view. Our tour guide gave us a brief introduction about the fortress in German and I totally understood it… Very nice of Volker to translate everything for us. Followed by, we traveled through some underground tunnels and visited several dark rooms including a jail. We finished our short visit by climbing the tower and the view on top was absolutely breathtaking.

Welcome to my house

Best part of the day was ice cream. Sam kept selling this ice cream to us that the whole group was very pumped to try out Spaghetti ice cream. The flavor is the same but the ice cream was formed in the shape of Spaghetti noodles. I also accompanied my ice cream with a cup of coffee. The weird Germans serve hot coffee in a glass with a straw… I burned my mouth….

Not my ice cream, the picture is stolen from Patrick

Finished my day in a bar again!!!!!

Author: Penny Wang

Hi, this is Penny Wanng, a third-year majoring in Game Design and Development at RIT.